Sea & Summit has spent hours & hours researching and trying to make the right connections to put our sunscreen in environmentally sustainable packaging.
We stand behind accomplishing this. No question!
- Sourced bottles made from 100% recycled plastic milk jugs.
- Found sustainable bamboo wood packaging for our facesticks and jars.
- Found environmentally friendly soy based inks for printing.
- Established a relationship with a smaller natural and organic manufacturer.
- Traced our ingredients to the country of origin.
Currently working on:
- Tracing our ingredients down to the farm and looking at their practices with Sundowner Sustainability of Santa Barbara.
- Eliminating the plastic lining from the bamboo facestick shell, for a 100% biodegradable package.
- Bringing bamboo package manufacturing to the U.S.
UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, SPF 36 Clinical SPF test results tested at SPF 40 for 7 of the 10 subjects. Excellent for water sports. Feels clean and rubs on clear.
Water-based moisturizing sunscreen lotion, UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, SPF 30, in a 100% PCR materials & recyclable plastics bottle. Coming Summer 2017